Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Life that makes me Smile

The Life that makes me Smile
Colette Jordan-Griffin
Animal Lover, Dog Groomer, Blogger, Mother and Grandmother

Colette

I have been in love with animals all my life, I've trained, showed, groomed, and have worked as a Vet Tech for as long as I can remember. Recently I starting blogging about my fun and exciting experiences with animals, and I love to share those experiences through my blogging here on Doggie Talk.  We would love for you to join blogger.com and share your comments and experiences with us, because there is nothing better than talking DOGS.


The candid photos of my little  Merry Band of Hairy Thieves


Miss Angelina
 Miss Angelina is the newest of our hairy clan. She was adopted last year from a local breeder looking to place her in a forever, loving home. Now 3-1/2 years old, Angelina the Princess,  (thinks) she is the total center the universe. She also thinks, just because she is a pure bred Pomeranian, that it should entitle her to the thrown of our house hold. I'm sure anyone who has more than one pet, has a Princess Angelina among them.
 I hate to say it, but it's all my fault, I spoil her rotten and give in to her every need. From rhinestone collars, bling bling charms, the best foods and treats, to sleeping in the middle of my husband and me on our King bed. Hmmm... none of the others sleep on the bed. Right...NOT.....
We love all that hair so much that we have to give her a bath every two weeks to help to maintain her long silky looking hair.  Right after the bath look where she lays, IN THE DIRT! UNDER THAT OLD DIRTY BOAT! and don't bother scolding her because, she smiles at you, turns over to expose her belly while wagging her tail a mile a minute, just so you laugh and say how cute. Don't be fooled the girl can work it!


Myles AKA the Ding Bat









And then there in Myles AKA the Ding Bat he
He was adopted in 2008, Myles was a result of the economic fall out.
One of our residents of our community, family pet had puppies, and couldn't afford to keep them. Myles was on his way to the pound to be destroyed along with his two sisters. When I saw the lady walking down the street with the pups, she told me there was no other alternative, she was on her way to the pound to give up the pups. Two of the puppies looked a very sickly and weak, they didn't look like they were going to make it.  But this little tri colored mouse, looked very lively and she seemed desperate to find him a home. 

We just couldn't resist that cute little face with these big bat like ears, so he became Myles, the #2 hairy thief in the house hold.  Myles to say the lease in a ding bat! He is very well trained, right............Why because he understands two things, FOOD! The reason I say two is because Food comes in Spanish and English, food is food no matter who has it, and he never goes with out his share, or everyone elses for that fact! I think he is part Rat,  because he IS a little rat! Part Super Springer, because he springs off all 4 feet, and can almost reach the height of 4 feet, in a single bound.  Part Bat, just look at those ears! and he literally flies off the couch, bouncing off anyone who dares to sit next to him, when food is served.

 He's just a ding bat! He will not listen to anyone, barks at everything that dares to cross his 7 senses. I say 7 because of the ding bat part, and lastly part squirrel. The dog can climb the oak tree out back and eats so many acorns that it gives him hives.  I give up trying to stop him and keep plenty of benadril on hand.  Non the less in spite of his pesky nature life just wouldn't be the same with out him, only because, he adds the spice to the mix, in our little marry band of hairy thieves. 


Tito and friend
Meet Tito the Cat (the center). This little kitty was adopted 2009, I'm telling you I need to stay away from the neighbors and their sob stories, need I say more! I pick up the strangest animals! Tito thinks his best friend is the statue of the Boston Terrier. I am thinking its, because it was a safe place, away from the ding bat!, most likely, and the only dog in the house that didn't chase him. Oh did I mention he is the one who started the chase to begin with!

Tito is convinced he is a dog. He comes on command, better than Myles, and responds to the dog whistle. His favorite place to sleep is on the TV with his tail hanging in front of the tube, during Animal Planet. When you ask him to move, you get that I'm positive you weren't talking to me looks. Cat lovers, YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! 

 Tito loves the great out doors and prefers it that way. My husband will call...Tito Come! and in he comes, and out the doggie door he goes. I really have no idea why he comes to begin with, perhaps it's to give my husband that false sense of, Oh I love you Dad, or to give me a good laugh. He is the perrrrrfect pet, no littler pans needed in the house, and washes himself.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz


Then there is Ozzie, the Boston Terrier, purchased in earlier 2004 after the death of our sadly departed Roxanna, she was our first Boston. Ozzie was named the Wonderful Wizard of Oz because of the way he magically healed my heart after Roxanna's passing. He is the Big Boss of the band of hairy thieves. Every one knows that he is boss and if they don't he is sure to let them know the moment they get in his personal space. He love basket balls, bubbles, and anything that remotely looks like food, or fun to chase. We keep a steady supply of bubbles for entertainment purposes, out on the patio at all times. All you have to say is; Ozzie Bubbles! As old as he is, he comes flying out the doggie door to catch bubbles blowing in mid air.
 He will chase that basket ball until his feet bleed, and it's a blast to watch him in action. He loves it so much, but he gets too excited, we have to hide the thing from him because his feet bleed from running and we believe he will drop dead from all the excitement. Poor old guy but still of power pack of energy and love that keeps me smiling.


 No hair, but plenty of feathers

Joey
 Last but not least Joey the Congo African Grey Parrot. Joey is a New Yorker, A dang Yankee Bird! purchased for resale in my pet store in 1994. He was only 10 days old and had to be hand fed. His first word was Hello at 8 weeks old. No one would believe me so we had it put on the tape recorder just to prove it! He was a keeper, and has been with me ever since. He still has all his feathers and is as beautiful and smart as any bird can be.  He speaks two languages, Spanish and English and has a vocabulary of a 7 year old. Maybe more, with his sounds and words.  Talking to Joey is like talking to another human. He responds to questions, and answers at the most inopportune times. Answers the phone and carries on a full one sided conversations. Gives kisses and does a few tricks of his own. He whistles the Andy Griffin show and the Marine March. Sings, Twinkle Little Star, and songs he has made up all his own. He is quite the little entertainer. Problem is, don't dare try to handle him because, he bites. He bites so bad that he will draw blood every time.
I personally have never been bitten, because Joey thinks I am his Mom, and we have this very special bond, a trust that no one else has ever been able to match. Even my husband can't touch him. In fact, Joey has him trained to respond to his bell, Joey rings it, and he feeds him. How cool is that! Works every time! One day Hal said,  Joey's my friend and as he put his finger to the cage, CHOMP!!.  Hal now thinks better and loves him with a respectable distance.
 I have had to put a warning signs on the cage to ward off fingers. Some people just never learn!

Well now that you have gotten the Buzz on my Marry Band of Hairy Thieves, use the comment section and tell me a little about your pets. We love hearing your stories too.

And that's the Buzz on Doggie Talk
{{{{Huggies to My Doggies}}}}
             Colette

No comments:

Post a Comment